Call for projects and awareness activities
Non-profit organizations (NPOs) and institutions seeking to help strengthen Montréal’s design culture are invited to submit a funding application for a project or activity in keeping with their mission and with the objectives and audiences targeted in this call for proposals. Selected NPOs may receive a minimum of $25,000, to be used for:
- funding up to 100% of the development and implementation of their project or activity;
- offering technical support to Montréal businesses through awareness-raising activities, including development of decision-support tools.
Examples of eligible projects and activities: guiding tours/walks, exhibitions, workshops, lectures, seminars, online or in-person training, mentoring, personalized or group support, film, documentary, television program, podcast, etc.
Non-profit organizations legally constituted under Part III of Québec’s Companies Act or the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, associations constituted under the Civil Code of Québec, cooperatives, solidarity cooperatives, non-profit foundations or trusts, and public organizations (schools, universities, research centres, school boards, or other) are eligible to receive funding from this call for proposals provided that they:
- carry out their non-profit operations on the territory of the urban agglomeration of Montréal;
- have been operating on a non-profit basis for at least two years;
- are not in default with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec or under any other governmental law;
- are in good standing with the various municipal departments and boroughs of Montréal;
- are free from any conflict of interest (a director or trustee is in a conflict of interest when they are able to further their personal interests, or those of others, rather than the interests of the organization);
- are free from any related-party transaction (a related-party transaction, such as any exchange [monetary or non-monetary] between the NPO, an NPO employee, or a board member and a directly or indirectly related person or corporation); and
- demonstrate sound financial management (no deficit or rulings against the organization).
Proposal submission process
Proposals must be submitted using the standardized application form for financial contributions from the city’s Service du développement économique. The form has five sections:
- Information about the applicant (contact information of the person in charge of submitting the application);
- Information about the organization (legal status, mission, description of activities, staff, etc.);
- Information about the organization’s governance (declaration of no conflict of interest, history of financial contributions and mandates from the City of Montréal, etc.);
- Upload of the proposal presentation documents (as described below);
- Upload of the mandatory documents:
- the up-to-date list of the members of the organization’s board of directors and roles as well as the list of persons assigned to the project and their roles (to do this, use the standardized template provided, in French only);
- letters patent, or incorporation document if the organization is a trust;
- the organization’s general by-laws;
- the resolution of the board of directors appointing and authorizing the person responsible for signing the agreement;
- financial statements for the last year (audited, adopted at a general meeting or approved/adopted by the board of directors);
- letters of agreement with project partners, where applicable;
- francisation certificate, where applicable.
NPOs: submit your proposal (form in French only)