Presentation of the shortlisted projects for C40 Reinventing Montréal
Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Auditorium of the Grande Bibliothèque (BAnQ)
475 Boulevard de Maisonneuve Est, Montréal, Québec
The event is fully booked. If you are unable to join us, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can vacate your place. For those who have not booked: if there are still places, we will offer the opportunity to attend the simulcast presentations in a room adjacent to the BAnQ auditorium. To attend, show up at 5:45 pm at the event, the number of places is limited.
Ville de Montréal and C40 Reinventing Cities would like to invite you to the presentation in front of the jury and public of the three projects that are shortlisted for the very first edition of the Reinventing Montréal competition. Each finalist team will present its unique and ambitious creative project to help fight climate change and redesign the de la Commune service yard. The event is a unique opportunity to be part of deliberations that are generally conducted behind closed doors.
The shortlisted teams were mandated to revamp the de la Commune service yard by devising an ecological project to address specific environmental challenges. The 9 910 m2 site is located in the Cité du multimedia, in the Ville-Marie borough. It is an exceptional area to undertake an open program with the option to develop a mix of residential, commercial and industrial uses, as well as community and institutional facilities, in accordance with zoning by-laws.
Team representative: RACHEL JULIEN
Architects: WHITE ARKITEKTER AB / LE COLLECTIF D'ARCHITECTES FIGURR
Environmental expert: ARUP CANADA INC.
LE GRAND COLLISIONNEUR
Team representative: GROUPE MONTONI
Architects: SID LEE ARCHITECTURE
Environmental expert: VERTIMA
Members of the jury
- Nathalie Bleau, Coordinator, Built Environment, Ouranos Consortium on Regional Climatology and Adaptation to Climate Change, Montréal
- Hélène Chartier, Senior Advisor and Reinventing Cities Project Manager, New York
- Carmella Cucuzzella, Associate Professor, Design and Computational Arts, Concordia University Research Chair in Integrated Design Ecology and Sustainability (IDEAS) for the Built Environment, Montréal
- Ronald Gagnon, Project Manager and Co-President, Concept-R inc., Sorel-Tracy
- Lina Ghotmet, Humanist Architect, Lina Ghotmet – Architecture, Paris
- Owen Rose, Architect and Partner, Rose architecture, Montréal, and Jury President
- Peter Soland, Architect, Urban Designer and Partner, Civiliti, Montréal
Each team will have 25 minutes to present its concept. Then, the jury will lead a 25-minute question period. During the presentations, the auditorium doors will be closed. Attendees may enter and exit during the short breaks in between the presentations.
The event will be conducted in French. Photography and recordings are strictly prohibited.
The Reinventing Cities competition is a call for urban projects to drive carbon-neutral and resilient urban regeneration across the globe and implement the most innovative ideas to transform underutilized sites into beacons of sustainability and resiliency.
Click here for more information on C40 Reinventing Cities.