2019 Shenzhen Design Award for Young Talents
The Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Association (SDPA) invites designers from the 180 member cities of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network to submit entries for the SDAY 2019 competition, recognizing the success and talent of young designers.
Under this year’s theme, Inclusive Design, the awards competition will reward the efforts of emerging designers who, through their creativity, contribute to improving environmental quality as well as social and economic development—and, more broadly, to making cities more liveable. It also seeks to promote design as a major lever in creating cities that address the needs of everyone and respect individual differences.
“I would definitely urge any young designer to enter this competition. I think it’s a serious award that’s really meant to encourage the emerging generation by implementing the means to do it: among other things an exhibition, opportunities for dialogue with peers from all over the world, and a cash prize.”
– Mouna Andraos, co-founder, Daily tous les jours design studio and winner of the Shenzhen Design Awards for Young Talents Grand Award in 2013
Eligible contestants must live in Montréal and be aged 35 or younger on December 31, 2019, except for architects, who must be aged 40 or younger on that date. Students who wish to enter must provide proof of enrolment in a design or architecture program. There are two submission categories, Professional and Student.
To enter, you must:
- Obtain an access code by completing an e-mail application to the Ville de Montréal Bureau du design and attaching:
- Eligible proof of residence;
- Eligible proof of identity including date of birth;
- A written statement that you are a designer or architect with a professional practice (for professionals); OR proof of enrolment in a design or architecture program (for students) as of January 1, 2020.
- Enter online at http://sday.design by November 30.
- Send, at your expense, a maquette, drawing or other relevant materials to Shenzhen by November 30.
Act fast! The deadline to register with the Ville de Montréal is November 15, 2019.
> Full competition details are available here.
Result of Final Judging for SDAY 2019 : Patrick Blanchette is the Montreal Merit Award Winner!
> Watch the Awards ceremony! (Mr. Blanchette appears approximately at the 30th and 39th minute)