Dan Hanganu architectes (1983-2017)
Following the passing of Dan Hanganu on October 5, 2017, the members of the firm joined EVOQ Architecture. In a press release issued on January 19, 2018, it is written "With this structure, the architects, who are all long-term collaborators of Dan Hanganu will be able to carry on a unique legacy and continue their approach in a spirit of thoughtfulness, freedom and creativity." Among his many achievements are the Montréal Museum of Archeology and History Pointe-à-Callière, the École des Hautes Études Commerciales, the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde and the Marc-Favreau Library.
Ville de Montréal Awards
- 2017 Multidisciplinary Architecture Competition, Winner - Maisonneuve Library - Montreal, in collaboration with EVOQ Architecture and civiliti
- 2017 Multidisciplinary Architecture Competition, Finalist - Project to expand and renovate L’Octogone Library - Montréal, in collaboration with Groupe A architectes (ingénierie : CBA + NCK)
- 2013 Architecture Competition for the Pierrefonds Library, Finalist, Montreal, in consortium with Groupe A
- 2011 Architecture Competition for the Guy-Gagnon Building, Winner, Verdun, Quebec
- 2010 Architecture Competition for the Marc-Favreau Library, Winner, Montreal
- Architectural Competition for BAnQ Saint-Sulpice, the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications and the City of Montreal, Finalist, in consortium with Architecture Evoq
- Architecture Competition for the Gabrielle-Roy Library, City of Quebec, Finalist, in consortium with BMD architectes
- Montreal’s Musée d’art contemporain Architecture Competition, Finalist - MAC transformation project - in consortium with NFOE Inc.
- Grands Prix du Design, PID agency, Cultural Establishment award - Monique-Corriveau library - Quebec city, in collaboration avec Côté Leahy Cardas architectes
- Architecture competition for the multifunctional room of the Cégep du Vieux Montréal and La Maison théâtre, Ordre des architectes du Québec, Finalist, Montreal
- OAQ Awards of Excellence in architecture, Ordre des architectes du Québec, Prix d'excellence, Construction and materials category - Monique- Corriveau library - Québec city,in collaboration with Côté Leahy Cardas architectes
- Prix Architecture de bibliothèques et de centres d’archives du Québec, Le Congrès des milieux documentaires (CDM), Winner ex-aequo - Marc-Favreau library - Montreal
- CISC Steel Design Awards of Excellence, Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC), Jury's Coup de coeur Prize - Monique-Corriveau library - Quebec city, in collaboration with Côté Leahy Cardas architectes