City of Montréal Projects Shine at Grands Prix du Design
Several projects commissioned by the city took top honours at Agence PID's Grands Prix du Design awards ceremonies held on September 18 and October 20, 2021, illustrating the commitment to quality and exemplarity in design and architecture that Montréal made in December 2019 in adopting the Montréal 2030 Agenda.
Grand Prix International Award
- McGill College Avenue (civiliti + Mandaworks + SNC-Lavalin)
- Biodôme Migration (KANVA)
- Biodôme Migration / Museum design (La Bande à Paul and KANVA)
Grand Prix Award
- Biodôme Boutique (ADHOC architectes & MESSIER designers)
- New Paddock - Parc Jean-Drapeau (Les architectes FABG)
- Espace 67 (Lemay)
- Special comprehensive plan for the Ahuntsic and Chabanel Rail Stations (City of Montréal, L’Atelier Urbain and HUMÀ design + architecture)
Design Montréal congratulates all the design and architecture firms and professionals involved in the creation of these projects.
We also thank Space for Life, the Service de l’urbanisme et de la mobilité, the Société du Parc Jean-Drapeau and the Borough of Ahuntsic-Cartierville for their contribution to implementing the Montréal 2030 Agenda for Quality and Exemplarity in Design and Architecture.
The Grands Prix du Design are co-ordinated by Agence PID and were created in 2007 to reward excellence in design and architecture. The most recent edition of the competition was the first open to international firms.